Voyager Sopris Learning Finalizes Lineup of Leading Experts for July’s Two-Day Online Literacy Symposium
Voyager Sopris Learning® has finalized the presenter lineup—headed by leading experts in literacy education—for its online 2017 Literacy Symposium, scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. on consecutive Mondays, July 10 and July 17. This premier professional development online symposium will provide attendees an opportunity to explore deeply the relationships among language, reading, and writing, while connecting theory to practice.
Pricing for this year’s event is $139 per attendee. Attendees can either join the sessions in real time and interact with the presenters and other participants, or they can access the recordings anytime over the next year. The cost of registration includes a full year of access to the session recordings from the date of the event.
This year's presenter lineup includes the following experts:
- Andrew Biemiller, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Jackman Institute of Child Study, University of Toronto
- Kate Cain, D.Phil., Professor of Psychology, Lancaster University (United Kingdom)
- Hugh Catts, Ph.D., Professor and Director, School of Communication Science and Disorders, Florida State University
- Nicole Conrad, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Saint Mary’s University (Canada)
- Lucy Hart-Paulson, Ed.D., an early childhood literacy expert who also is Associate Professor Communicative Sciences and Disorders, University of Montana
- Louisa Moats, Ed.D., nationally recognized authority on literacy education and renowned author, researcher, speaker, consultant, and trainer
- Mark Seidenberg, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- David Share, Ph.D., Professor of Learning Disabilities, University of Haifa (Israel)
- Mark Shinn, Ph.D., Professor of School Psychology, National Louis University
- Louise Spear-Swerling, Ph.D., Professor of Special Education, Southern Connecticut State University
- Carol Tolman, Ed.D., Co-author of Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS)
- Julie Washington, Ph.D., Professor of Educational Psychology, Special Education, and Communication Disorders, Georgia State University
To register for the Literacy Symposium, visit www.voyagersopris.com/services/literacy-symposium.
For more information on Voyager Sopris Learning, visit www.voyagersopris.com.