“LeiLani is a true education industry thought leader who does a wonderful job of codifying the trajectory of education, showing how we are on the precipice of consumerization, and describing a great need for education to catch up to the Age of Experience.”
– Dan Stoneman Chief Innovation Officer
San Diego Unified School District
Welcome! We want YOU.
The Learning Counsel is a research institute and news media hub, focused on providing research and context on the digital education experience. Our membership is comprised of over 215,000 executive rank educators and thousands of publishers.
We are mission-based and funded by sponsorships from multiple publishers and technology companies. There is no cost to attend our discussion events for educators.
The Learning Counsel events are often held in partnership with education industry associations and local school districts from city to city. In 2017 we produced events in 28 cities across the United States. In 2018 we will be similarly holding events from coast to coast.
If you're involved with going digital with teaching and learning, IT or school leadership, you're invited to join us for one exceptional day.
The only “Living Tour” for Education
- Real Discussion, not just “sit-and-get.” Education is going somewhere with its transition to digital education experiences – and school leaders need to talk about it with each other.
- A special sauce of leadership conversation with a dash of future-leaning and a helping of back-to-basics.
- The only “living tour” for the industry, seeing what’s happening city-by-city and bringing lessons learned from each one forward in a continuous “leveling-up” of the conversation to reflect what’s now happening nationally.
- In the Fall of each year, the Digital Education Strategy Survey and its Awards ceremony during the national Gathering event sets the tone for the next year from the winning innovative schools and districts.
How will you contribute?
When you attend these one-day events, just be you. Represent for your school and your interests. Bring your curiosity and fellow executives. A lot is changing with schools as they are transitioning to digital, so everyone has lots of questions and comments. There is more sophistication needed beyond what device to select. The world of digital content and curriculum is enormously complex now. Therefore, it's important to bring all stakeholders together to learn about, and discuss, a complete strategy.
You'll be surprised at how much you gain from an old-fashioned day of peer discussion and seeing some interesting new developments from the industry.
See you there!
The Digital Transition Discussion Meetings 2018
This multi-city tour of regional events for education executives have a leadership marketing briefing, unique goal-setting workshop, group discussion, and show and discuss interludes by digital curriculum providers. They are free to attend for schools, useful and educational, and sponsored by multiple publishers and technology companies.
Join us for important and practical professional development, including:
In many cities, our events are oneroom meeting-style with 30-50 executives joining from the area. We serve continental breakfasts and hearty lunches for the day and typically end around 2:00 pm.
Gathering & National Awards Event
The National Gathering and Annual Awards event is a platform for innovative action and collaboration for the future of teaching and learning. At the fourth annual gathering, held at the Hilton Resort in Henderson, Nevada, education executives from leading schools and districts celebrated exemplary progress in the transition to digital.
This year’s Gathering included an innovative agenda, professional development and networking for lots of peer to peer collaboration: