WURRLYedu Launches Free Web-Based Version of its Online Music Education Program with Cloud-Based Recording to Assist Students Learning Remotely
WURRLYedu, a leading music education content platform, today announced the launch of a free web-based version of its popular music education program featuring real-time cloud-based recording. WURRLYedu delivers culturally relevant lesson plans and a comprehensive suite of tools to make music education fun, effective and accessible for teachers and students. With the new version, any student can access WURRLYedu on a web browser including a Chromebook.
“WURRLYedu’s program enables any school to offer a high-quality arts education. Because the portal is device agnostic, the barrier to entry is dramatically lowered, so learning can take place anytime anywhere,” said Nadine Levitt, founder and CEO of WURRLYedu. “WURRLYedu enables students to stay engaged and collaborate online while they’re at home through videos, ear training games, and our new web recorder that lets them record songs and practice. Through music, the new portal encourages connection, movement and it's fun to use.”
WURRLYedu’s web portal offers the same audio and video recording tools, assessment tools, as well as the extensive music catalog with timed chords and lyrics, already available on WURRLYedu's iOS and Android versions. With the new cloud-based recording feature, students can easily select a song, customize the key and speed or start from scratch, record themselves, add one-touch audio and video filters to enhance their recordings and share them with their teacher and classmates.
The key features of the new student web portal include:
- Online video and audio recording across all browsers and devices including Chromebooks. According to Google, there are 40 million-plus Chromebooks being used in education worldwide.
- Music catalog of over 5,000 songs ranging from popular to classical music
- One-touch audio and video filters
- Recording studio with tabulated lyrics and chords with fingering charts for Piano, Guitar and Ukulele
- Student portfolio management with record of all performances and assignments
- Single Sign-on compatibility with OneRoster and Clever
- Search by chord filter and automatically transpose
- Blank track recording for original music creation
- View and complete teacher curated assignments
- Ability to browse through class feed and collaborate with peers
WURRLYedu has partnered with multiple education organizations to use their music education platform including the Public School District of Philadelphia, the California Department of Education, the Boy and Girls Clubs, Exceptional Children’s Foundation, the LAUSD Partnership schools, and the Child Mind Institute.
WURRLYedu offers culturally relevant content and interactive digital tools to make music education fun, effective and accessible. For teachers, WURRLYedu offers a content platform with lesson plans, an extensive music catalog and a library of video tips from Grammy Award-Winning Artists. For students, WURRLYedu offers creation tools, including access to thousands of popular songs, customization tools and a portable recording studio with one-touch audio and video filters. Class feeds and collaboration tools are also included so that students have all the resources necessary to discover, practice, and record music both inside and outside the classroom.