Portland, OR/Seattle, WA - Virtual Digital Transition Discussion
Portland, OR/Seattle, WA - Virtual Event
February 24, 2022 - 8:30am-1:30pm Pacific Standard Time
Half a day of intensive professional development and challenging new ideas to bring back to your school or district.
Attend to contribute to lively discussion with other educators and hear the once-a-year briefing for your area.
- National Digital Transition Survey Briefing
- Find out what administrators said versus what teachers said on our annual national Survey.
- Distinguish between active and passive screen learning trends.
- See if you’re keeping pace with the number of digital content resources pre-purchased and available for teaching and learning nationally.
- Compare your school or district to the national averages with digital resource coverage for core, supplemental, electives, special needs, and professional development.
- Find out what the new model of schooling is of most interest nationally versus what schools and districts are doing.
- Hear the numbers nationally of staff now spending more than 50% of their time on logistics.
- Find out what new special disaggregated services schools are now offering and in what percentages like live-chat tech support or learning, home-school content plans, split-time personnel and more.
- Workshops on Digital Learning Experience Standards, Definitions of Digital Terms, New Instructional Design & Schooling Design Models, plus Emerging Tech Issues.
- Beyond digital citizenship, device and software PD is a new vista to conquer. The EduJedi Leadership Society has worked on defining these next levels. Attend for four mini workshops where your will be introduced to new ideas and discuss with peers.
Agenda - 8:30am-1:30pm
8:30am-10:00am - The Briefing: Learning Counsel News Media Natl. Digital Transition Survey Results & Intro to the EduJedi Reference Guide
10:00am-11:40am - Discussion Workshop, Small Group Breakout Rotations
10:00am-10:25am - Task Table 1 - Defining Digital Terms
10:25am-10:50am - Task Table 2 - Digital Learning Standards
10:50am-11:15am - Task Table 3 - Emerging Tech Issues
11:15am-11:40am - Task Table 4 - Digital Instructional Design & New Schooling Models
11:40am-12:30pm - Lunch & Guest Speaker - Educator Guest Speaker & Sponsor Info-minutes
12:30pm-1:00pm - Hybrid Logistics Briefing or 2nd Educator Guest Speaker
1:00pm-1:30pm - Guest Administrator Panel Discussion (recorded for national redistribution)
Dr. Susan Enfield, Superintendent, Highline Public Schools (WA)
Steve Langford, Chief Information Officer, Beaverton School District (OR)